Woodhaven's School Council and Woodhaven Middle School Parents' Association work collaboratively to make each student's experience at Woodhaven the best it can be!
Who Can Join
- We welcome all parents whose child(ren) attend(s) Woodhaven.
- We have a great core group of parents leading both our School Council and Parent Association. We welcome and embrace new members and their input.
Why Be Involved
- Participating in School Council gives you the opportunity to get to know other parents, the staff at the Woodhaven and your school board trustees.
- Play an active role in decisions that affect your child both on the school level and at the division level.
- As an active member of the Alberta School Council Association, we ensure the voice of our school community is heard on a provincial level.
- An opportunity for input on activities and programs that you would like to see implemented in our school, as well as input on funding.
- The school council meetings are a great place to receive up-to-date information about Woodhaven School and to be involved in your child’s education. We often have speakers from our school division. Teachers also join us to speak about some of the new, fun and exciting things they are doing in their classrooms.
What We Do
- We run a Grab ‘N' Go program in the mornings which is offered to students who may not have had time to have breakfast before school.
- We run concessions during track meets.
- We provide volunteers for fundraising and school initiatives.
- Hot lunch. For information on hot lunch, please email email@example.com
When We Meet
The School Council typically meets on the third Wednesday of the month during the school year (except for December and June) at 6pm in the school library. The Parent Association meets after every School Council meeting.